Economic Development Program
The economic development program is offered by the Municipality of Lorne. Eligibility is determined on a project by project basis. Council has the final decision on all applications. The following developments in the Municipality of Lorne are eligible for the incentive program.
- New commercial and industrial development making a minimum assessed building value of $50,000;
- Expansion and major renovation of existing business with a minimum assessed building value of $50,000 added to the base year;
- New multiple-unit residential development including apartment blocks and any development with 2 or more rental units , with a minimum assessed building value of $100,000
- Expansion or major renovation of exiting multiple-unit residential development with a minimum assessed building value of $50,000 added to the base year;
- The installation of green initiative such as geo-thermal heat pump installed on commercial property which increases the assessed value from the base year;
- New residential construction.
Ineligible applicants include provincial and federal government run or funded agencies and insurance claims.
- All eligible development must result in a net increase in the property’s assessment as determined by Manitoba Assessment Branch and meet the targeted needs of the community.
- The developer or owner must obtain a building and development permit prior to the commencement of any construction and the development must conform to the municipality’s development plan and zoning by-law.
- Application must be made at any time before 60 days of the construction start date.
- All municipal and educational taxes must be paid in full on or before October 31 of each tax year.
To access a copy of the form, please click here.
To find all the necessary permits required for any construction, please visit the South Central Planning District's website.