BLUE BOX RECYCLING at curbside by 8 a.m. on WEDNESDAYS - 204-248-7290
- Don’t sort them
- Don’t tie them
- Just empty them and toss them in loose
- AND NO PLASTIC BAGS PLEASE!
- Plastic containers with a recycling triangle on the bottom, including all bottles, pails, tub and jugs (# 1- 7 with some exceptions black plastics and plastic cutlery)
- Aluminum drink cans
- Steel (tin) food cans
- Milk and juice cartons
- Juice boxes
- Newspapers and inserts, flyers and junk mail
- Magazines, phone books, household paper, shredded paper and envelopes
- Cardboard egg cartons and paper tubes
- Flattened cardboard, no more than 1 metre in any direction, e.g., cereal, cracker, tissue, laundry, shoe and packing boxes
- Glass jars and bottles (clear and coloured)
- Corrugated cardboard
Common items you can’t recycle:
- Plastic bags, plastic packaging and cellophane
- Household hazardous waste containers, antifreeze, motor oil, and bleach - you can identify many hazardous waste products by the danger symbol, e.g., corrosive, explosive, poison and flammable
- Aluminum foil or foil pie plates
- Foil or foam takeout food containers
- Foam packaging, foam egg cartons or foam meat trays
- Mirrors, window glass or light bulbs
- Drinking glasses, ceramics or cookware
- Don’t tie materials together as the processing facility can’t remove bags, string, wire, etc.
- Leave lids on containers, caps on bottles, staples, labels on containers and windows in envelopes.
- Give your containers a quick rinse to get rid of bacteria and odors.
- Crush plastic bottles, milk jugs and milk and juice cartons to leave more room in your blue box.
Recycling is Easy:
All you have to remember is to put your blue box out before 8:00 a.m. on Wednesdays, and put out only items that we can recycle! But remember, no plastic bags please!
Don’t put plastic bags inside your blue box, don’t put plastic bags outside your blue box and don’t put your recyclable items in a plastic bag. Additional blue boxes may be purchased at the village office. Cardboard boxes may be placed beside blue boxes.
Recycling: Good for our village, good for our planet
PRINTER CARTRIDGE RECYCLING
You can bring your ink-jet and laser cartridges to be recycled at the Centre Dom Benoît, just leave them in the yellow bin.
RECHARGEABLE BATTERY RECYCLING
A box has been set-up at the Dom-Benoît Centre to collect you rechargeable batteries
(Nickel Cadmium, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Small Sealed Lead batteries). You can also recycle your old cellular telephones here.
ALKALINE BATTERY RECYCLING
A container has been set-up at the Centre Dom Benoît to collect alkaline batteries. Please place a piece of tape on both ends of the battery to prevent short circuiting. The batteries are sent to Ontario where they are recycled.
Click here for more information.